The Afghan army on Tuesday called for the evacuation of Lashkar-e-Taiba, a city in southern Afghanistan. The city is the scene of fighting between rebels and Afghan forces.
“We ask you to leave your homes as soon as possible (…). We will fight hard. “ Taliban, “Depart early so we can start our operation”, General Sami Sadat, the highest ranking military official in southern Afghanistan, told the media in an audio message. “We will not leave a single Taliban alive.”, He added.
“Deep concern for the Afghan public”
Earlier today, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency in Afghanistan (MANA) said at least 40 civilians had been killed and 118 injured in clashes in the city over the past 24 hours.
The UN mission revealed, In a tweet, To “Lashkar-e-Taiba is a deep concern for the Afghan public, where fighting is on the rise.”.
Recent reports say 118 civilians have been injured and 40 killed in the past 24 hours, with the Taliban continuing their offensive on the ground and the Afghan army trying to push them back. UN calls for immediate end to fighting in urban areas “
The rebels were driven out of Lashkar-e-Taiba for the first time on Saturday Came into effect again on Sunday, Was able to re-enter this city of 200,000 people. In addition to Lashkar-e-Taiba, insurgents clash with Afghan forces in the country’s second and third largest cities, Kandahar and the suburbs of Herat, with a population of 650,000 and 600,000, respectively. July 30, Manua’s offices in Herat were attacked.
By morning, La Manua had already announced “Taliban ground attack and airstrikes by the Afghan army are extremely harmful.” To the public, and announced “Deep concern over indiscriminate shootings, occupation of health facilities and private homes and the damage they cause”.